Schwartz's - Montreal's Finest Smoked Meat (Montreal, QC)

Schwartz's

Schwartz's

I know a lot of people rave about Langer's in Los Angeles and Katz's deli in New York City, but today, I'll bring another challenger to the ring: Schwartz's of Montreal.

Schwartz's

Line Outside Schwartz's

Look at that line! On this particular Saturday afternoon, we nearly waited a hour to get into Schwartz's. Once I was in, I was ready to eat!

Schwartz's

Can of Cherry Soda


I was told this is what most Montreal citizens order with their smoked meat, a can of cherry soda. Thus, I decided to go with what locals drink. It's cherry soda, tasty, but you get the picture, it's just soda.

Schwartz's

Side of Fries (2.50 CAD) and Cole Slaw (1.95 CAD)

Neither were memorable, thus, I'd just pass on the fries and slaw and order an extra smoked meat sandwich!

Schwartz'sSchwartz'sSchwartz'sSchwartz's

Varies Shots of the Smoked Meat Sandwich (5.50 CAD)

A picture is a worth a thousand words, right? What about four pictures? For something under US$5, you get an amazing amount of smoked meat, with a healthy helping of mustard between two half slices of bread. Simply amazing! I know Katz's pastrami was fantastic, but this smoked meat in my opinion is better. Yes, it's different meat, a totally different thing all together, but hey, I just prefer this one more! Heck, the only regret I had that day we not ordering a 2nd sandwich, especially with the wait we had to endure. Thankfully, there would be a return visit! (future post)

Schwartz'sSchwartz's

Dining Room at Schwartz's

The atmosphere at Schwartz's was truly no frills: Just simple and delicious. The locals and tourists both flock towards this establishment since its opening way back in 1928. Something has to be right about this place!

Personally, I've yet to try Langer's, but I enjoyed Katz's quite a bit on my recent trip to NYC. However, it's Schwartz's smoked meat that has won over my heart! I know many may disagree, many may argue the Katz's pastrami cannot be beat, but take a visit to Montreal and let me know what you think of the smoked meat. In my opinion, a fantastic deal, and a fantastic sandwich!

Does anyone want to order some smoked meat with me? Yes they do deliver, and no, I'm not joking!

Final Rating 9 out of 10

Schwartz's
3895 Boulevard Saint Laurent
Montréal, QC H2W1X9, Canada
(514) 842-4813
Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Events

Hockey Hall Of Fame - My Date With Lord Stanley (Toronto, ONT)

Les Délices de l'Erable - Great Little Tourist Stop (Montreal, QC)