Carousel Bakery - Peameal, Experience This Toronto Experience, Eh? (Toronto, ONT)

Carousel BakeryCarousel Bakery

Carousel Bakery

After a good experience at the St. Lawrence Market the previous day for breakfast, my friends and I decided to make a last trip here before we head out to Montreal the following day. After hearing about this Peameal, which is basically an unsmoked bacon rolled in cornmeal, I wanted to give it a try!

Peameal Bacon on a soft country bun

Peameal Bacon on a Soft Country Bun

My friend went for the original Peameal Bacon sandwich on a soft country bun. It was good, but I mean, it is bacon, how can it not?! Even though it's just the bread and the peameal bacon, the bacon itself was quite juicy, though I would probably enjoyed a light aioli or some sort of sauce to add more moisture.

Big Hog

Big Hog

While my friend went with the normal Peameal sandwich, I went with the Big Hog, well, probably because I'm a fat ass! LOL! In the Big Hog, it's the basic Peameal shown above, but with the inclusion of a fried egg and a slice of of what I believe, American cheese. For me, I enjoyed the additions of the fried egg and cheese to make this into a much heartier sandwich.

Was the Peameal awesome? Nah, not even close. Though I'd take a Peameal sandwich over an Egg McMuffin anyday of the week!

Delicious Fish and Chips

Delicious Fish & Chips

While my friend and I were chowing down on some Peameal bacon, my buddy Benny decided to get some delicious fried fish and chips from the stall across the way. I have to say, it was better than our Peameal sandwiches. Fail on me I guess.....

Final Rating: 6.5 out of 10

Carousel Bakery
93 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5E 1C3, Canada
(416) 863-6764

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Events

Hockey Hall Of Fame - My Date With Lord Stanley (Toronto, ONT)

Les Délices de l'Erable - Great Little Tourist Stop (Montreal, QC)