Eggspectation - Oeufs Savoureux (Montreal, QC)

Eggspectation

Eggspectation

After dropping off our beloved rental car, shown: here and here, we were ready to grab some breakfast before hitting up the streets of Montreal. After looking over Lonely Planet's suggestions, we found an Eggspectation close by to our hotel, so off to get some oeufs (eggs) we go! By the way, I was being sarcastic in regards to our rental car. PT Cruiser? Meh.....

Banango

Banango - Banana, Mango, & OJ

Page

Page - Strawberry, banana, blueberry, kiwi, honeydew, papaya, pineapple, cantaloupe, and OJ

Before going over the breakfast menu, we decide to order some smoothies. My buddy B went with the Banango with a shot of rum. A more exciting way to start of the morning! While my buddy Morg and myself went with the Page, without the extra kick of alcohol. Hey, what can I say, we're good boys! :)

Toast & Maple Syrup

Toast w/ Maple Syrup

Eggstravaganza

Eggstravaganza - 2 eggs, 2 french toast, sausages, potatoes, fruit

Eggwhat?

Eggwhat? - Corned beef hash, two eggs, toast, potatoes, fruit


Eggspectation

Eggspectation - Three egg omelette w/ mushroom, onion, sausage, peppers, bacon, ham w/ grilled potatoes and fruit

We decided to get three separate items off the menu. Even though I did not taste the first two items my friends ordered, they seemed to enjoy it. I decided to go with the namesake of this restaurant, the Eggspectation. Although the food did not blow me away in any shape or form, it did hit the spot on a cloudy spring morning in Montreal.

How does Eggspectation compare to a say an IHOP or Denny's here in the US? I'd say I much prefer the food at Eggspectation. Though, come with no expectations, other than getting some delicious egg dishes, or as the French people say, "oeufs savoureux!" There are quite a few Eggspectations in Canada and Eastern parts of the United States, so get your egg on! Au Revoir!

Eggspectation
1313 De Maisonneuve West
Montreal, Quebec H3G 2R9
(514) 842-3447
Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Events

Hockey Hall Of Fame - My Date With Lord Stanley (Toronto, ONT)

Les Délices de l'Erable - Great Little Tourist Stop (Montreal, QC)