La Banquise - Poutine Heaven! (Montreal, QC)

Resto La Banquise 24th

La Banquise

As I was planning my trip to Montreal, my buddy from Canada told me I must eat two things when I get to Montreal: Poutine and Smoked Meat from Schwartz.

"Poutine, WTF is poutine??" I thought to myself....

Thankfully, he gave me this link and I was able to discover the magic dish of Montreal named poutine.

In addition, I caught the video of Bourdain on his trip to Quebec where he discovered poutine, and notably, the poutine selection at La Banquise. (Start at the 7:20 mark)



Basically, to the poutine novice out there, the building blocks of a good poutine are three things: crispy fries, rich gravy, and some good squeaky cheese curds. Sounds simple? Yes, but it's wonderfully delicious, especially for those harsh winters of Montreal.

As our travels went from Rochester to Montreal lasted until 3AM, once we finally arrived and settled in our hotel, the first thing I could think of was poutine at La Banquise. Thus, I persuaded my buddies to join me on a last night snacking run, and I'm glad I did.

Classique Poutine

Poutine Classique (5.6 CAD)

3 Viandes

Poutine Trois viandes (7.8 CAD)

Since it was late, the three of us decided to share two types of poutine. We first went with the classic poutine, and the other, was a three meat (minced meat, pepperoni, and bacon). The portions were huge, and we only went with the small plates of poutine. The poutine was simple, hearty, but 100% delicious! The fries were crispy, the gravy was rich, and the cheese curds were simply fantastic! The only regret was not being able to try the other interesting poutine choices La Banquise offers. On the menu, there are over 22 different choices of poutine! I can't wait to go back and try a few more.

Dining RoomLe SignOutside La Banquise

All in all, it was a wonderful introduction to Montreal's signature dish of poutine. Even though it's more of a fast food poutine restaurant, it's open 24/7, so you'd be able to satisfy your poutine craving anytime. La Banquise is definitely a must visit, and I'll definitely revisit for more poutine action on my return visit to Montreal. Trés Bien~

Final Rating: 8 out of 10

La Banquise Resto
994 Rue Rachel Est
Montreal, QC H2J 2J3, Canada

(514) 525-2415
Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Events

Hockey Hall Of Fame - My Date With Lord Stanley (Toronto, ONT)

Les Délices de l'Erable - Great Little Tourist Stop (Montreal, QC)