My Experience: Telenor Bridal Couture Week 2014

Since I've become a fashion blogger, I had not had the opportunity to attend a Pakistani fashion show. That was until last December when I attended Bridal Couture Week in Lahore. To be honest, my attendance at the show was pure luck as I happened to be in Lahore when it was taking place. I had seen some posts on Instagram about it so was curious to see if I could get some passes. Luckily my friend Amjad who works in public relations was able to contact their team and arrange passes for all three days. Score! I have to admit, I was more excited then I should have been. It was just amazing to be recognised as a blogger and for my hard work as administrator of Pakistanstreetstyle. See I'm well aware of the current system in Pakistan where it's more about who you know then what you know and for someone like me to be asked to attend as a media person, someone who has no friends in the fashion world or with no rich parents who can buy me connections, I have to say I felt good. I apologise for the long paragraph, I just wanted to share a more personal side. I know not many people are aware of who its is who runs the page or who I am as a person so wanted to share my moment of happiness with you. Now back to the fashion show!

Overall, I believe the shows were well done. Designer Hassan Sheheryar Yasin was in charge of choreography and he did a splendid job. I could actually see him at the back where the photographers were moving his hands around like a conductor and sometimes I would get distracted and end up watching him instead of the show. The music was lovely too, each song fit in perfectly with the designer's collection. The only criticism I had was to do with some of the people who were attending the event. People would completely disregard the seating arrangement because they felt they were too important to sit in the back. Of course, the ushers did the best they could to give everyone their designated seat but once the show started and people started shuffling about, they really could not do much. Congratulations Hum TV! You did an amazing job and I hope that I get attend more of your events in the future.

I bet you're all thinking, okay we get it! Now just show us the photos. So without further ado, here are my favourite creations from Bridal Couture Week Day 1. I'll be posting Day 2 and 3 in the next few days.

Faraz Manan









Ali Xeeshan







Fozia Hammad






Maria B






Tena Durrani:






Ziggi Menswear







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Events

Hockey Hall Of Fame - My Date With Lord Stanley (Toronto, ONT)

Kesté Pizza & Vino - First Positive NY Style Pizza (New York City)